Introduction to Comprehensive Workplace Health Promotion
Although the idea of a comprehensive approach may seem daunting, it is helpful to break down the elements of CWHP as it relates to addressing workplace mental health.
- Introduction to Comprehensive Workplace Health Promotion, developed by THCU, contains an overview of comprehensive workplace health promotion, a suggested process for helping workplaces take effective action, practical ideas and strategies to consider and available resources. See http://www.thcu.ca/workplace/documents/intro_to_workplace_health_promotion_v1.1.FINAL.pdf.
- Health Promotion 102: TBD
- Environmental and Workplace Health, by Health Canada, provides an overview of workplace health. It includes sections titled Workplace Health Strategies, Workplace Health Resources, Frequently Asked Questions and Additional Resources. See http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ewh-semt/occup-travail/work-travail/index-eng.php.
Online Health Program Planner is a tool that can help provide a framework for developing a program in a systematic, evidence-informed way. See http://www.thcu.ca/ohpp/index.cfm.
- creating a logic model;
- writing outcome objectives;
- planning the collection and analysis of situational assessment data;
- prioritizing possible activities to optimize resources;
- assigning tasks, responsibilities, timelines and resources.